Friday, April 11, 2008

A proper song for Wembley

James Fox has released the official Cardiff City song for the FA Cup Final. And a shocker it is too.
Take this section of lyrics from the opening verse:

We were in seventh Heaven, Back in 1927
Now we're ready for a new tale
At the helm is Peter Ridsdale.

I kid you not. It's that bad.

However, fear not. Word has reached me of a much more exciting release that is currently in production. This one is proper. I've heard a demo version of it, and I can confirm that one of the lines mentions Harry Parsons, the legendary Cardiff City kit man who passed away a few years ago.

Seriously, this is a proper tune performed by very credible and well-respected Welsh musicians. Who is it? I'm afraid I can't tell you that yet. But you will be able to hear it here as soon as it becomes available. Watch this space.

No comments: